Fort Worth Bureau Services
Fort Worth Convention & Visitor Bureau
Fort Worth, TX 76102
We're your light switch in the dark. Your map in the glove box. We're the invisible safety harness that helps you soar above your wide eyed colleagues. Best of all, we're there every step of the way. And we're partial to people. You and your people. Listening to you tells us more than 20 reams of schedules and itineraries. Because helping you begins with understanding your vision, your meeting plan. Together we make it a plan of action. Of course, Fort Worth has to be part of your plan in the first place. But that's the easy part. We're like water vendors in the Sahara, umbrella seller in the tropics. No gimmicks, no games, no smoke screens. Who needs artificial excitement when they have the real thing. We're just plain proud of Fort Worth. And we'd love to show you why.
Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau is a full-service bureau, offering meeting planners and city visitors a full spectrum of assistance. Sales representatives work closely with planners to ensure that they have all the information necessary to include Fort Worth when evaluating possible locations for meetings. Our sales representatives coordinate site inspections and work in tandem with Convention Services personnel to host planners and introduce them to our array of meeting possibilities. They also can provide:
- A formal presentation to association decision-makers, an executive committee or a board of directors.
- Site tour arrangements with itineraries coordinated to allow a first hand experience of the city prior to the final site selection.
- Personal assistance, coordinating accommodations, meetings and exhibit space.
The full range of services also includes:
- Events planning: Bureau specialists help planners develop events and activities that distinguish meetings.
- 8.5" x 11" versatile program shell: We provide a four color 8.5" x 11" program shell allowing you to overprint your special message to promote your convention or meeting. Quantities based on up to one-and-one-half your expected attendance are available at not cost, and additional mailers at a nominal charge.
- Central housing: Computerized central housing is available to groups that utilize two or more hotels.
- Registration assistance: Registration assistance will be provided at no charge for groups using 200 or more rooms on the peak night. Registration personnel will be based on the number of registrants, and additional registration assistance is available at a nominal charge.
- Name Badges: Name badges will be provided at no charge to attendees of all conventions using 50 or more Fort Worth hotel rooms, limit two per room. Additional printed or blank badges are available at a nominal charge. Names of attendees must be received by the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau office at least two weeks in advance of the convention date. For groups of 500 people, a one-month lead time is necessary to avoid a late charge.
- Windshield stickers: The City of Fort Worth provides courtesy windshield stickers for vehicles from outside Tarrant County, belonging to registered delegates. The stickers permit free parking at all metered spaces, although posted restrictions apply.
Publicity and promotional materials:
- Selection of 35mm color slides
- Selection of black-and-white photos
- Black-and-white camera-ready artwork of the Fort Worth logo
- Area media list
- Promotional videos: Convention (10 minutes); Tourism (6.5 minutes)
- Camera-ready map of downtown (8.5" x 11")
- Informational brochures: Informational brochures, dining guides and area maps will be available at the registration desk to make it easy for your members to take advantage of the many attractions and shopping venues in and around Fort Worth.
- Pre-convention meeting: Getting everyone in the loop early-on makes for meetings that go off without a hitch. The Bureau and the City of Fort Worth are standing by to help meet any special requirements. A pre-convention meeting can be scheduled at the planner's convenience, and representatives from restaurants, the police department, the City, meeting facilities, hotels, transportation companies, communications companies or others can be invited at the planner's request. The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau coordinates all arrangements and makes sure all the bases stay covered.
Fort Worth's services sector is characterized by nose-to-the-grindstone, make-it-happen and happen-right people. The Bureau's Convention Services personnel have established contacts with a number of suppliers and are available to advise planners on the best way to meet all those extra requirements. Call for more information on:
- Audio/visual services
- Banquet facilities
- Child Care
- Computer/rental services
- Costumes and decorators
- Delivery services
- Entertainers and speakers
- Flags and pennants
- Florists/plant rentals
- Postal services
- Sightseeing companies
- Long-distance companies
- Temporary workers
Convention & Meeting Facilities
What's our convention center like? Just imagine a Texas-sized slab of wide-open sky wired with the latest high-tech infrastructure and draped in elegant decor. It's our downtown centerpiece, surrounded by red brick streets, four downtown hotels and the razzle-dazzle of Sundance Square.
But when someone says, "Our meeting's in Fort Worth," be sure to ask where. They could mean downtown at the convention center. Or Will Rogers Memorial Center in the Cultural District. Or at Cowtown Coliseum in the historic Stockyards. Or at a nearby dude ranch. Or at the zoo. Or on a steam train. Or in Casa Manana's geodesic dome theater. Or in the Botanic Gardens. Or downtown in front of a 30-foot mural of thundering cattle. You get the picture, right? Just be sure to ask.
In Fort Worth there's a place for every group, large or small, business or pleasure.
The variety and flavor of Fort Worth are reflected in the city's facilities. From the newly renovated convention center in the heart of downtown to the meeting rooms of suburban hotels, planners find facilities run on the principles of service and flexibility. Meeting the needs of visitors, offering value and making folks feel right at home are how this city hones its competitive edge.
Copyright ©1996 The Rodeo Steakhouse. All Rights Reserved.
The CyberRodeo site is being developed and maintained by
... when it's time to establish an Internet presence.